I am so super stoked to participate in my first ever Beat the Backlist challenge! Hosted by Novel Knight, the challenge consists of reading as many – or as few – backlist books you’d like in 2018. The only catch is – hence the word backlist – that all books read to count toward the challenge must have been published prior to 2018.
Beat the Backlist is a great fit for me – I already have SO many backlist books on my shelves. This will be the perfect excuse to focus on my older books in addition to mixing in some new ones to which I’m looking forward. Another awesome thing about this challenge is that it will totally coincide with other challenges I am already planning to or will possibly take part in, as backlist books are on my agenda for the other challenges I signed up for as well.
So, here are the beyond simple…
- The challenge amazingly runs from January 1, 2018 until December 31, 2018!
- Books read MUST have been published prior to 2018
- Use the #BeatTheBacklist hashtag!
I am seriously loving that there are Beat the Backlist teams! There will be four groups showing down in the hopes of winning awesome prizes at the end of the year. I was sorted into Team Book Bards – shout out to my fellow teammates!
What Shall I Read?
So, I’m planning to try some other year-long challenges this coming year and I’ve already made a reading list for one, which does consist of quite a few backlist titles already. Therefore, I’m going to read those books plus 20 additional backlist books! That sounds like SO. MANY. BOOKS! But, most of what I read is on the backlist anyhow!
My Tentative List
- It by Stephen King
- The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
- Creepy Susie and 13 Other Tragic Tales for Troubled Children by Angus Oblong
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo
- Smile by Raina Telgemeier
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Exquisite Corpse by Penelope Bagieu
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Lumberjanes #2 by Noelle Stevenson
- Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life by Rachel Renee Russell
- Homicide in Hardcover by Kate Carlisle
- The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
- On Thin Icing by Ellie Alexander
- Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
- The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule
- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
That’s all folks! Good luck to everyone competing in the Beat the Backlist challenge!