Nice to Meet You!
Hi, lovely readers! I stumbled across this tag on Deanna’s blog, A Novel Glimpse, and swiped it! LOL! Here’s hoping this survey will help break me out of my intense blogging slump!
- Name – Maggie is my name! I was named after my great-grandmother, Magdalena.
- Nicknames – Mag, Magpie, Magster
- Birthday – November 25 (I was born on Thanksgiving Day, in case you were curious!)
- Star Sign – Sagittarius and proud!
- Occupation – I’m a social worker who’s worked in many different fields! From a psychiatric hospital, to child advocacy centers, to a battered women’s shelter, and *fingers crossed* hopefully as an outpatient therapist! (I have an interview Tuesday!)
- Hair Color – Blond with a black streak; I need to get my color redone so my streak actually shows up again!
- Hair Length – I’ve had short hair my entire life. Now, it’s probably at its longest ever at just above my shoulders.
- Eye Color – Blue
- Best Feature – I think my eyes are pretty.
- Braces – I got braces in my early twenties and wore them for a year. I have always had a snaggletooth that didn’t bug me until I got older. But, I gave up my retainer and I’m snaggletoothed again!
- Piercings – I had my left eyebrow pierced in college and took it out after a few years because I got sick of people talking about it!
- Tattoos – Yes, a pink star on my lower right back. It looks like crap because I didn’t take care of it, but I love it anyway!
- Right or Left – I’m right handed, but I use my left hand to drive.
- Real Holiday – That Christmas I caught my parents playing Santa!
- Best Friend – Rachel, Alanna, Carol Marie, and Lindsey
- Award – I won the 1st place trophy for my class every year in grade school for earning the most accelerated reader points.
- Concert – Creed with my cousin! LOL!
- TV Show(s) – WAY too many to list! I do adore reality TV!
- Color – It’s a tossup between gold and orange.
- Song – SO many! Right now I’m obsessed with Nirvana again! My favorite song of theirs is the cover they do of The Meat Puppets’ ‘Oh, Me’.
- Restaurant – J. Alexander’s!!!!!
- Shop – I’ve got a serious Amazon problem…I also love Etsy, but the shipping costs usually kill me!
- Books – My most favorite book ever is Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina.
- Shoes – Flats or flip flops most of the time; I’ve almost broken my ankles in heels SO many times!
- Feeling – Pretty good and confident! I’m also trying to block out things that get on my freaking nerves!
- Single or Taken – I married my husband in 2011, so I’m very obviously taken! 😀
- Eating – Actually, I’m sucking down a cup of coffee!
- Thinking About – That jerk on Facebook, which is ridiculous, because he’s a total stranger!
- Watching – Maury!!!!
- Wearing – A sun dress with a striped shirt over it – loungewear.
- Want Children – I’ve wanted children my entire life and I’ve been blessed with two beautiful baby boys!
- Want to be Married – *see above*
- Careers in Mind – As I said earlier, I’m hoping to ace my interview next week to become an outpatient therapist at our local mental health center! I’d also adore being able to write on the side!
- God – Definitely; there has to be a God. The universe is too intricate…
- Miracles – Yes! I’m Catholic, so I had all kinds of miracles stuffed into my brain as a kid!
- Love at First Sight – I’ve experienced this, so totally yes! I remember when I first laid eyes on my now husband; I just knew.
- Ghosts – I don’t necessarily believe in ghosts that haunt places, but I very much believe in spirits.
- Aliens – Why not? The universe is enormous!
- Soul Mates – Yes! I believe we have soul mates who are our friends as well as our lovers.
- Heaven and Hell – Yes; and I’ll throw in Purgatory here too (I AM Catholic!).
- Kissing on the First Date – It depends on the person; I remember telling this guy I went out with, who ultimately grossed me out, that I didn’t kiss on the first date so he would leave!
- Yourself – I believe in myself most of the time. I don’t want to jinx anything, but I’m feeling pretty confident about my interview! *knock on wood*