Hey, y’all! I’m so thrilled to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by my Twitter buddy, @VivWrites! 😀 This is the first award I’ve been nominated for on The Caramel Files and I’m so excited to share my answers to Viv’s questions with everyone!
You can get the lowdown on Viv’s books HERE!
First of all, I did a bit of research and found the official 2017 Liebster Award rules – which you can check out HERE. In a nutshell, the Liebster Award is reserved for bloggers with 200 or fewer followers, which fits my blog like a glove!
My first task in acceptance of the Liebster Award is to discuss one of my favorite blogs to visit. I settled upon the amazing Lonna’s blog, FLYLeF, which features a ton of interesting tidbits, reviews, and giveaways. I not so secretly stalk Lonna’s space on the ‘net not only because of her regular features, including the FLYTIP column, in which Lonna discusses various creativity-related blogging ventures, but also because of a fabulous challenge Lonna cohosts with a fellow blogger.
Lonna, along with Alicia from A Kernel of Nonsense, hosts the seasonal Comment Challenge, during which bloggers are paired for a month-long commenting fest! I highly encourage you to join in on this amazing challenge, which has introduced me to some amazing bloggers. FYI: my partner for June has been the wonderful Bella from Bella Blogs Because Books! 😀
Sign-ups for the July edition of the Comment Challenge are still open, so run to either FLYLef or A Kernel of Nonsense to enter!
Now, on to Viv’s questions!
- Hmm…I love a variety of genres, but I’d say my favorite of all is historical fiction. Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina is my favorite book in the entire world and it really got me interested especially in Russian-based fiction AND nonfiction. I love to learn as I read and after falling in love with Toslstoy’s classic, I read a biography of Catherine the Great, which I also adored.
- My absolute favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip, especially if it’s from Baskin Robbins!
- I love my profession as a social worker. I was recently hired as an outpatient therapist at our local mental health center and I’m so incredibly excited! Therapy is something I’ve wanted to do for a LONG time!
- I’m really attracted to cats in general, so any big cat makes my heart sing! I’ve always dreamt of having my own tiger or lion or whatever to cuddle with!
- My most hilarious dream was the one in which I dreamed about this boy I liked, who liked me also, but he was apparently afraid to ask me out. Pardon the language, but I literally dreamed that his email address was firstname.lastname@example.org! 😀
- I don’t have an ear for music at all, but I did take piano lessons, which I hated, as a child and learned the basics – I taught myself to play Fur Elise!
- My favorite type of holiday would be a tie between an amazing beach trip or a simple staycation.
- My ideal night in includes lots of TV, fun with my precious little family, laughter, and maybe a round of Trivial Pursuit!
- I wouldn’t say I have a most cherished collector’s item, although I do adore my Funko Pop!s! I think my most cherished possessions in general are my wedding ring and the jewelry and other mementos I have of my beloved Grandmother.
- I think my best character trait is my empathy, which can be a double-edged sword, as I tend to over-empathize and take on others’ problems instead of focusing on my own issues.
- My ultimate life goal is to leave behind a legacy of love and caring, especially regarding my sweet baby boys.
Now that I’ve answered Viv’s questions, here are mine for those of you whom I tag:
- Naturally, what’s your most cherished book?
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- What would you consider to be your worst habit?
- When did you realize just how much you adore reading?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- Do you keep a journal? Why or why not?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What’s some advice you’d like to give other newish book bloggers?
- What’s the longest book you’ve ever read in its entirety?
- Laura @ Librarian Laura’s Great Reads
- Zoe @ Our First Year Here
- Vrinda @ A Bookish Human
- Never Not Reading
- Bree @ A Hummingbird’s Multi-Fantasy Adventures
- Stephanie @ TeacherofYA’s Book Blog
- Katherine @ Thoughts from ’94
- Lisa @ Writings by Lisa M. Cronkhite
- Kester, Cayli, and Kelsey @ LILbooKlovers
- Faith @ Suckerforcoffe
I’m so excited to see y’all’s answers! 😀