Challenges, Buddy Reads, and a Fat Book
Happy hump day! With today arrives the weekly meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words, WWW Wednesday! The meme has a simple format, asking the three W’s:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
I’m still on a break from Stephen King’s The Stand and I’ve put the audio edition of Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins on pause as well. Mainly, these books are on hold due to my reading like a banshee for The Summer TBR Wipeout Challenge, hosted by Olivia at The Candid Cover.
For the challenge, I’ve pledged to read a total of ten books – thank goodness the challenge lasts a little over a month! Since I’ve got a poor track record regarding completing reading challenges, I chose to pick pretty short books on my TBR to wipeout!
My Summer TBR Wipeout Challenge list:
- Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
- The Secrets of My Life by Caitlyn Jenner
- Creepy Susie and 13 Other Tales for Troubled Children by Angus Oblong
- The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
- The Vision, Vol. 1: Little Worse Than a Man by Tom King
- Kristy’s Great Idea by Ann M. Martin and Raina Telgemeier
- Moon Knight, Vol. 1: Lunatic by Jeff Lemire
- Saga, Vol. 5 by Brian K. Vaughan
- A Batter of Life and Death by Ellie Alexander
- The Clue in the Crossword Cipher by Carolyn Keene
Simultaneously, I’m still buddy reading Alan Bradley’s The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie with my pal, Lea. We’re both slacking on reading it, although it’s an awesome cozy mystery, as we keep getting distracted by other books, but, hey, at least we’re on the same page! 😀
I’m also reading Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram and I adore it! I’m so tickled that it was recommended to me! I LOVE retellings and, quite obviously, this book is a Cinderella-esque tale; SO CUTE! Finally, I started the graphic novel, Moon Knight, Vol. 1: Lunatic for the Wipeout Challenge and, though I’m not far into it, I think it’s going to be really different from anything I’ve read thus far!
I finished reading Ghosts a few days ago and absolutely loved it! My review can be found HERE!
Upcoming reads for me include everything on my Wipeout Challenge TBR! Like I said above, I’m so grateful the challenge won’t end until early August, so I’ve got plenty of time to read my picks so long as I stick to my list!
I’ll also be getting back to The Stand, which I want to finish by September as well as The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I’ll be participating in #ARCAugust this year as well, so I’m looking forward to clearing out my NetGalley reads so I can request MORE BOOKS!
Here’s a little list of my ARCs to be read in August:
- On the Spectrum by Jennifer Gold
- Poe: Stories and Poems by Gareth Hinds
- Lint Boy by Aileen Leijten
- Growing Friendships by Eileen Kennedy-Moore and Christine McLaughlin
Share the Love!
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)