Happy hump day! With today arrives the weekly meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words, WWW Wednesday! The meme has a simple format, asking the three W’s:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
Today I started reading the second installment of Cameron Jace’s Insanity series, Figment. Thus far I’ve only read a few pages and I’m hopeful I’ll love it as much as I did the first in the series, Insanity.
In addition, I’m listening to Caraval by Stephanie Garber on Audible. I’m an hour or so into the book, and it’s just okay so far – I’m still waiting for excitement. I’ve seen mixed reviews of this one, with some citing offensive topics and others absolutely loving it. I wanted to read Caraval before the controversy, but it definitely made me curious enough to go ahead and pick it up!
This morning I finished my first ever book by Kasie West, The Fill-In Boyfriend. I absolutely LOVED this book and gave it a five-star rating on Goodreads! I’m so excited to write the review – so many emotions were stirred within me as I read – and that doesn’t happen to me often.
Long story short – I cannot wait to read the rest of West’s work. The Fill-In Boyfriend is a book I typically wouldn’t just pick up, but I was haunted by it and kept seeing rave reviews. I’m so tickled with myself for branching out of my genre comfort zone and discovering a new favorite author!
The other day, I finally finished The Throne of Fire, the second in Rick Riordan’s Kane Chronicles series. I took nearly three weeks to read it – I apparently had a hard time finding freedom to read, as I really enjoyed this tale and could’ve finished it quicker.
I have a bunch of galleys I need to get through and write up reviews for before they’re archived. Luckily, I’m looking forward to testing out the books for which I’ve been approved. I still can’t get over the fact that I was auto-approved by Udon Entertainment, which produces Manga Classics! 😀
- Elementary, She Read by Vicki Delaney looks like the cutest cozy mystery!
- I’m looking forward to Riley Redgate’s Noteworthy! I really enjoyed Seven Ways We Lie, so I’m hopeful I’ll like Noteworthy as well.
- Of Cats and Men by Sam Kalda looks like a fun read!
- Rita Stradling’s Ensnared is intriguing.
- Growing Friendships by Eileen Kennedy-Moore and Christine McLaughlin looks insightful and educational.
- Gilded Cage by Vic James is high on my list!
- Roshani Chokshi’s follow-up to The Star-Touched Queen, A Crown of Wishes, is also way up there!
- I love Seinfeld and need to read Jennifer Keishin Armstrong’s Seinfeldia very soon!
- My first attempts at reading manga will be Stacy King’s versions of Great Expectations and Les Miserables.
That’s it for me this week! How about you?